Breaking Free from Feast or Famine: 3 Strategies to Increase and Stabilize Your Income
One of the biggest challenges facing freelancers is the inevitable ebb and flow of client work. It seems like all the work comes in at once; life is good and the cash is flowing. Then everything dries up, and you find yourself with nothing to do. Making matters worse, your bank balance reflects this cycle, making it nearly impossible to budget for those ups and downs. But we’re not doomed to a lifestyle of feast or famine! There are several ways to break free of this cycle, increasing and stabilizing your income. In this session, we’ll talk about:
- leveraging your expertise to stop trading time for money.
- shifting your focus from one-off projects to long-term partnerships.
- selling ancillary services to create regular, recurring revenue.
- creating learning products to share your knowledge and free your time.
- building a cash margin so you can survive the slower months.